in this episode of S A U N A I E we discuss What is Mental illness and What are the Types of Mental illnesses but we 1st kick off the episode with some quotes of the day - - - >
- 1st Quote - "The best thing I ever did was become more low-key & Focus on Myself"
- 2nd quote which we love was "Be Good To People For No Reason"
The 1st Segment for this episode is "What is Mental illness, the Types of Mental illnesses & Key Facts about one of the Mental illnesses
- Mental illnesses are health conditions involving changes in emotion, thinking or behavior (or a combination of these).
- Mental illnesses are associated with distress and/or problems functioning in social, work or family activities.
- nearly one in five (19 percent) U.S. adults experience some form of mental illness
- one in 24 (4.1 percent) has a serious mental illness
- one in 12 (8.5 percent) has a diagnose substance use disorder
We discuss a lot more in this segment I hope this segment helps you understand What a Mental illness is & The Types of Mental illnesses.
2nd Segment - > Mood Disorders
- Mood disorders refer to conditions that disturb our mood to the point where it becomes difficult to function in relationships or at work. Depression and bipolar disorder are both classified as mood disorders. People’s lived experience with mood disorders vary greatly, however mood disorders can cause a person to withdraw from social contact or hide their real feelings from people close to them.
- We also discuss some Key facts about Mood Disorders & the different episodes within the Mood Disorders. If this helps you or can help anyone you know share this with them.
- SAUNAIE.COM for Latest updates, Reviews, Merch & More
- Patreon.com/SAUNAIE.COM to become a Patron
- Hotlines - >
- Dating Abuse or Domestic Violence 1-866-331-9474
- Suicide & Depression Hotlines 1-800-273-8255 & Trevor Project 866-488-7386
- National Eating Disorder Association 1-800-931-2237
- Crisis Text Line: Text SUPPORT to 741-741
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: 1-800-950-6264
- Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-4673
- Veterans Association: 1-800-273-8255
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/saunaie/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/saunaie/support
S A U N A I E