S A U N A I E Presents B u d g e t i n g Do's & Don'ts
Q U O T E S: Faith is Believing that the Outcome will be what it should be, no matter what it is.
2nd: Pave your own path to Success, No one else can do it for you.
S e g m e n t s: Budgeting
B U D G E T I N G Do's & Don'ts
1. DO Set Goals ( Short, Mid & Long Term ) / DON'T stick with goals that no longer work
- Set Goals & be open to changing them as you go, having measurable goals makes managing money a lot easier.
- Start with your short term goals: what do you need & want to save for the next 3 months.
Mid-Term 6 months
Long Term 1 year
( think of fees like car insurance, car matienance, events, occasions, travel )
2. DO Know What You Owe & What You Need To Live / DON'T ignore debts you're scared to confront.
- Know What You Owe: Before you can save or spend anything, you've got to make sure your "Musts" are Covered.
3. DO know what you Spend: Track Your Expenses / DON'T Judge yourself for Spending
- Know What You Spend: Tracking Your Expenses can feel like an invitation to Shame-Town, it's important to be Open-Minded & Judgement-Free.
You're just gathering information so tou can make sure your Needs & Wants are Covered.
4. DO Find a System That Works for You. ( Pen & Paper, Excel, An App like Everydollar or Digit ) / DON'T Give Up. It Takes a Few Months to get the Hang of it.
- Find a System that Works for You: Maybe it's app, a Spreadsheet, budget book or a piece of paper, (that's how I started.)
Or maybe it's a combo of all of them. Whatever works for you just make sure it doesn't stress you out, Find a system that works for you.
5. DO Welcome Emotions in this Process. Be Patient with yourself / DON'T Get Stuck Dwelling On Past Decisions.
- Welcome the Emotions: Money is Emotional. Our Money determines our Livelihood, Our Ability to Access basic Needs, Our Ability to Reach our Goals or lie on Our On Terms.
- Give yourself Time to get Better at Budgeting. It's just a Spending Plan, it'll get Easier & You'll get Better Over Time.
H o u s e k e e p i n g
Linq Link: https://linqapp.com/xo?r=link
O u t r o: 1 Moment can Change a Day, 1 Day Can Change a Life & 1 Life can Change The World.--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/saunaie/message Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/saunaie/support